Saturday, January 3, 2015

Does God have one specific person for you to marry or would any good Christian guy do?

Is there a 'right' one?
If I hadn't believed that God had a specific person for me to marry, I wouldn't have married the man that I did! I wasn't attracted to my husband when I first met him or when he wanted to start a relationship sometime later. I hardly knew him and we didn't live in the same area, so I couldn't really get to know him without starting a relationship. If I hadn't believed that God had a specific person for me, I wouldn't have even thought twice about it. But I knew it was possible that he was the right one for me, so I prayed about it a lot and asked God for wisdom. And after five years of being married, I am so thankful I left the choice to God because He always knows what's best!
So I definitely believe the answer to this question is yes! (If its God's will for you to marry)
But I wasn't sure if I could actually back it up from the Bible.
So I started looking and was surprised at what I found. I read the story of Rebekah and Isaac to see if there were any clues.
In Genesis 24:14 when Abraham's servant was praying about finding a wife for Isaac he said,
And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.
He said the same thing again in verse 44 when he was talking to Rebekah's family.
This servant believed that there was one particular girl who was the right one for Isaac. And it made his job a whole lot easier!! :)
And then if you look at the story of the very first marriage, you see that God created a wife for Adam. He didn't create 10 and give Adam the choice! He created Eve especially for Adam.
God knows what we need far better than we do.
But in saying all that, no guy is perfect! The right one does not mean a perfect one. And it's more important to be the right one yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment